Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Great Fallout

Today was good.  Today was hard.  Today was better.  Today was worse.  Sort of reminds me of the book by Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Gene began the day tired from a poor nights sleep and pain in his back and went to ah....losing his everything in the kitchen after dressing for church.  Like most of us, only triple, he hates this bodily function!  So we  recovered and cleaned up and still made it to part of Sunday School where we are applying the attributes of God to our personal lives.

Because God is a personal spirit, I will seek intimate fellowship with Him
Because God is all powerful, He will help me with anything
Because God is ever present, He is always with me.
Because God knows everything, I will go to Him with all my questions and concerns
Because God is sovereign, I will joyfully submit to His will.
Because God is absolute truth, I will believe what He says and I will live accordingly


and
Because God is..............next weeks lesson!

What do these things mean to you?


After church, we went to some friends home and they made Gene the hash browns he has been thinking about for three weeks.  He ate 2 tablespoons and fell asleep for two hours.  When he awoke he ate a slice of cantaloupe.  Not a lot of food for a guy who loves to eat!  But during his nap I was able to have such a nice comforting visit with our friends and Kate and Hunter were able to be with us for a bit  as well.

When we returned home we had good stomach issues of which I will spare you the details but it was one of the best of times category for his situation!

We got out the sticky lint roller today as his hair has begun, as promised to come out in a big way.  This has been a difficult part for him and it may be more difficult as days go by until he has faced enough people who are not prepared for it.  So if you should see him, how about not mentioning it at all----he knows, you don't need to tell him.  And don't call him Kojak and offer him a tootsie pop--okay?  Let's wait and see if he can reach a point on his own of laughing it off.  If he does, good.  If he doesn't, oh well let it go.  [Can you tell I am a little anxious about it so my bossy side comes out!]  His mom is hoping in a very big way it grows back curly!  She so very much wanted a curly headed child but birthed four straight haired children.  She has been delighted that my curls transferred at least a little to some of our children!  I am not so very sure Puller is glad but sae la vie!  [I do not know how to spell in French.]

So as we end this day, he is a bit more comfortable and is watching Dreamer--a horse movie and I think I will go join him!

Thankful....every ....day  for some downs but some ups to go with it.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

praying for you every day

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13