Monday, April 22, 2013

Looks like a bible lesson?....how so?


The other day I issued a challenge to stir my thinking.  I have been in blog brain freeze....what is there that I could write about that anyone would find worth reading?????

So ........"give me a noun or an adjective and lets see what God might stir up in my thinking process."  Can I see a biblical principle in there.....as soon as they began to issue the words my brain began to engage!

Looks like a bible lesson to me!!!

My friend Renet suggested automobile and I reflected on transportation.  I am not a 'car nut'...actually a full year after purchase I have begun to be able to locate my new car in  parking lots but I lost it several times early on!  I am choosing to be a thankful person and when I think of the broad expanse of my life and what my life would have been without the automobile the thankfulness increases.  I can go get or go visit or go teach or go work or go to the library quickly and easily.   So much better than a camel ride!



  • I was also issued the word hazardous and we are right back to that camel ride I think, from what I have read and watched about camels!  I think the bible lesson in the word hazardous is that some things bear paying attention to, God has given warnings


    Ecclesiastes 10

    The Message (MSG)
    10 Dead flies in perfume make it stink,
    And a little foolishness decomposes much wisdom.
    Wise thinking leads to right living;
    Stupid thinking leads to wrong living.
    Fools on the road have no sense of direction.
    The way they walk tells the story: “There goes the fool again!”
    If a ruler loses his temper against you, don’t panic;
    A calm disposition quiets intemperate rage.
    5-7 Here’s a piece of bad business I’ve seen on this earth,
    An error that can be blamed on whoever is in charge:
    Immaturity is given a place of prominence,
    While maturity is made to take a backseat.
    I’ve seen unproven upstarts riding in style,
    While experienced veterans are put out to pasture.
    Caution: The trap you set might catch you.
    Warning: Your accomplice in crime might double-cross you.
    Safety first: Quarrying stones is dangerous.
    Be alert: Felling trees is hazardous.
    10 Remember: The duller the ax the harder the work;
    Use your head: The more brains, the less muscle.
    11 If the snake bites before it’s been charmed,
    What’s the point in then sending for the charmer?
    12-13 The words of a wise person are gracious.
    The talk of a fool self-destructs—
    He starts out talking nonsense
    And ends up spouting insanity and evil.
    14 Fools talk way too much,
    Chattering stuff they know nothing about.
    15 A decent day’s work so fatigues fools
    That they can’t find their way back to town.
    16-17 Unlucky the land whose king is a young pup,
    And whose princes party all night.
    Lucky the land whose king is mature,
    Where the princes behave themselves
    And don’t drink themselves silly.
    18 A shiftless man lives in a tumbledown shack;
        A lazy woman ends up with a leaky roof.
    19 Laughter and bread go together,
    And wine gives sparkle to life—
    But it’s money that makes the world go around.
    20 Don’t bad-mouth your leaders, not even under your breath,
    And don’t abuse your betters, even in the privacy of your home.
    Loose talk has a way of getting picked up and spread around.
    Little birds drop the crumbs of your gossip far and wide.

    Here tis in KJV  Eccl 10:


    He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
    Whoso removeth stones shall be hurt therewith; and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby.
    10 If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.

    That is a start more later!

No comments: