Monday, July 25, 2011

Radiation Day 3

So do you have a raging headache, is your hair falling out, do you have hot flashes, are you sick to your stomach?  no, no, no, no, no,...that is a bunch of 'be thankful for' answers to questions!

We saw the doctor for the first time since we have been here.  Assessed everything and got prescriptions for the things we did need.

While we waited for the pharmacy to fill the scripts, [I am thankful that the pharmacy is right next to the out patient services within the same building and they take our insurance].  We walked to see the 10 1/2 foot statue of Jesus in the main entrance of the admin building.  Here is a site that tells about the sculptor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertel_Thorvaldsen  He was Danish and he also sculpted the weeping lion for the fallen soldiers of France during WWI.  You can see both at the end of this site.

We took some pictures and more importantly we held each other and prayed to the real Jesus once again.  [and cried a little]  We do believe in healing and have begun reading a book on the power of Christ's healing called 10 Hours to Live.  But we also want to walk the walk just as God presents it to us and we are not here to tell God what He must do particularly if this walk is for a greater purpose.  Maybe you understand that maybe not but it is true all the same!

Tonight back at the hotel we are working on correcting some side effects of the anti nausea medicine and dealing with the fatigue of non stop stress for over a month.  Tomorrow brings us one day closer to #1 coming home again and #2 one day closer to starting chemotherapy to arrest the originating tumor and it's offspring.  For both of those things we are thankful also.

A dear sister sent us these lyrics today and they were powerful to us!


Let the Waters Rise
 
Don't know where you begin, it's like my world's caving in,
And I try, but I can't control my fear.
Where do I go from here?
Sometimes it's so hard to pray, You feel so far away.
I am willing to go where You want me to.
God I trust You.
 
There's a raging sea right in front of me,
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise if You want them to.
I will follow You
I will follow You
I will follow You!
 
I will swim in the deep, 'cause You'll be next to me,
You're in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea.
You're never out of reach, God, You know where I've been,
You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again.
I'm holding Your hand.
 
There's a raging sea right in front of me,
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees,
So let the waters rise of You want them to,
I will follow You,
I will follow You,
I will follow You!
 
God, Your love is enough, You will pull me through.
I'm holding on to You.
God, Your love is enough.  I will follow You.
I will follow You!

We choose to look for and to honor the things we can be thankful for ....every ....day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanie,
I have been following your blog and have been moved to tears everytime I read it. I am so moved/lifted up by your faith! We are praying for you and Gene here at the Frazier home! What a light on a hill you are! God Bless!!
Debbie Frazier