Monday, August 1, 2011

What 12 hours of sleep can do!

I write from a much better position today.

We both slept about 12 hours last night [there is a thankful!] and now we are only 2 days from coming home [#2 thankful].  Gene gets very wistful and teary as he reflects on all the prayer partners we have, on the pleasure of being at home, and on the joy of being home with family [including the dogs!]

We hope to see the melanoma doctor maybe even this afternoon [thankful as we have talked to him but not seen him since July 15th] and I am so thankful there is local shuttle bus that will take us to the other shuttle bus to Greenspring Station where we are to see him.  The only catch is that the doctor said he would see us but his nurse says he has no time in his schedule so we will watch the Lord work another miracle on our behalf.

I look back at the days before we came up here and the number of calls I made to this particular clinic and how I reached the right person time after time after time and now I have been unable to reach that person all of last week but today I reached a different but right person today who says the doctor has no time to see us but we will see how that plays out.

I choose and every day I must choose....to be thankful every day.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

With much love, we are praying for you and your family every day.

Jesus said:
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29

I am saying a special prayer for a joyous trip home tomorrow !