Friday, September 21, 2012

why work on thanks.....giving?


I have not always been a thanks....giving person.  


I forget to give thanks to others who do kindnesses for me.


I get upset when no body thanks me for the stuff I do, yet I think somehow they will know
that I am thankful for what they do for me.


so why give thanks...especially when you do not "feeeeeeeeeel it?


Why give thanks when the world says you should feel this way or that way.  [and by the 

way, this is what you should do to them in return]


Why direct my thanks to God when what could be perceived as ugly truth, hurtful truth, 

frustratingly unchangeable truth has arrived?



Pat answer is that God has directed us to give thanks in all things

Another pat answer....we don't understand but it will all work out...I am sure.

Still another, well it can't get any worse.

Want one more?   Let me tell you honey, about............[add in terrible time they had]



But I read a wonderful quote the other day thanks to my friend Elizabeth.  she has directed 

my eyes to a great blog called "One Thousand Gifts"  See what you think......



‎"Trust is the bridge from yesterday to tomorrow, built with planks of thanks. Remembering frames up gratitude. Gratitude lays out the planks of trust. I can walk the planks - from known to unknown - and know: He holds."

I like this as the best reason to give thanks.

I have a marvelous book that helps me to remember little tiny things to great big wonders 

to give thanks for and I could read it all day. 

"10,000 Things to Give Thanks For"  It has been a favorite for many many years and it 

perfectly reflects that bridge of thanks planks in the quote!

Maybe I am learning trust as much as thanks giving.


That's a good thing to learn.   Come with me?

No comments: