Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 of 31 Days of Simple Praise to Yahweh

 Let's play farm yard........I will be a chicken.  That is not hard to imagine because I really am a chicken down deep inside.  






Oh no....... you say, you do not look like a chicken; you do not act like a chicken; you can not be a chicken.

Oh, but I am a chicken.  I am constantly afraid I will not do things "right".  Today I got really brave...but I was [am] nervous about it.  I changed something on my blog.  [oh no, what if it doesn't look good]  [what if others think I am silly or worse yet wrong?]

As I have been through SOOOOOO many changes in the last 17 months you can not imagine how it upset my chickenhood.  I had to decide things I didn't want to decide.  I had to walk where I didn't want to walk.  I had to do what I didn't want to do.  I have always had opinons but have never been too sure I was right about many things.  When Gene would affirm me I felt great but if someone I trusted critisized I would [and still do] get confused pretty fast.

So where is the simple praise in this?   The ALL Mighty One, Yahweh is keeping me.  Holding my head above water, sometimes by the hairs on my chinny chin chin, but my head is above the water.

And today, all by myself I tried a change [the color and design of my blog page]  Wow.  just. wow.  But it is significant to me and that is the simple praise.......I can recognise God at work in my life....because I know my chicken-livered heart.  [Even if you find it hard to believe.]   There are more changes coming and this chicken does not wants to  is trying to embrace them.  The one thing I never doubt but do not always understand is God.






No comments: