Saturday, October 27, 2012

Double Duty ..Again! Days 26 and 27 of 31 Days of Simple Praise to Yahweh

I wanted to share simple praises on this 31 day blogathon because I often forget to acknowledge the little things.  And life in made up of little things

So a day of no trauma [As I posted a couple of days ago] might seem insignificant to many but it was very significant to me.




A day where I ministered to a friend suffering in the first week of having lost her husband is a simple praise not to be overlooked.  I have such a friend, is she where I was 14 months ago?  Partly yes and partly no.  I have yet to find a book that really hits the nail on the head with how to survive the death of your husband.  It is too deep. I find a simple praise as Yahweh brings this into my mind.


Psalm 42:6-8
  I am deeply depressed;
therefore I remember You from the land of Jordan
and the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
  Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls;
all Your breakers and Your billows have swept over me.
  The Lord will send His faithful love by day;
His song will be with me in the night—
a prayer to the God of my life.


I cared for several people yesterday as I worked my third of seven 12 hour shifts to complete this refresher course.  Nearly half way done now and I find great joy in offering simple praises to others I am working with as well as to the patients.  Some just need a teasing coax to push themselves a bit to move past  a difficult issue; some need to be treated like grown-ups, others need to be treated like children [though none of them are pediatric patients] and in it all they need to hear hope.

God is the ultimate hope giver and he sends that hope in so many ways.  In my simple praise I see it and feel it and find it.  If I waited for the big reveal I might wait a long time and I might even miss it wondering if this was IT.  But by seeking out the little things to give thanks for I find the strength to push through to Yahweh's lap and His counsel.
 

I feel thankful because I choose to look for these things and then I express them, in writing, speaking and within my heart and very often in that order.  If I depended on another order I think I might miss some!

No comments: