Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Extra Time

What do you do with the extra time?  Sleep has been elusive tonight.  It is now 7:38am and I have been up for 3 1/2 hours. I read my goal oriented scripture chapters [I am on a campaign to read the entire bible this year and this is the best year so far for sticking to the goal!]  I have prayed for my cousin in the hosp in FL and for my neighbor in the hospital here.  I have washed all the dishes from supper guests last night, I have greeted, visited with both our younger adult children before they packed their lunches and left for their respective jobs,  I have [finally] put away a ton of stuff that has been waiting for my attention in the catch-all study room. I have checked e-mail and facebook multiple times....where are all of you?  Now what?

Time is going by so slowly....as we wait to be seen in the melanoma clinic, the dermatology clinic and the medical radiologist on Friday and yet time is going so quickly as we do not want to visit these places, learn these things or have these new experiences.

I saw a dear friend in Sam's Club yesterday and we reminisced and LAUGHED and cried together and thought of how brave we were now, that we were not when we worked together.  How intimidating upper management could be and how much more common sense we have now!  It passed an hour so quickly and I remembered the scripture:

A merry heart does good like a medicine.....[Proverbs 17:22]

Today brings paperwork and a haircut [want to look good for the clinic!] and taking care of the insurance.  We were going to walk at the YMCA but to add to the difficulties Gene pulled his back muscle [at least that's what I hope has happened.] and is moving stiff and sore all night and this morning.  He had planned an errand with his dad this afternoon, I hope they will still be able to do that as we saw his parents yesterday but Dad just wasn't feeling up to the errand.  And call the air conditioning service man for a check on the system.  Was it just that hot last evening or is the system not working well......Hopefully some easy reassurance will be available and not too costly.

Be Thankful the scripture says, and it doesn't give a condition or a circumstance when we can add a PS about all the stuff we wish wasn't happening.

I choose.......... to be........ Thankful.....every....day.

1 comment:

Mary Abdelbaset said...

I just started following your blog recently after finding out about your husbands diagnosis and I just wanted to let you know that I can really see God's hand upon your life through your writings. I admire and respect the way you have chosen to be thankful in spite of your circumstances. We all need inspiration as Christians living in this day and I feel like you are shining a light for us. Just want you to know that. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. In Christ, Mary