Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How do you spell grrrrrrrr?

Today has been a challenge to find a thankful idea.  Some days are just hard!  I am still looking today but steak dinner might help.  It is nearly 7pm now and I have not had dinner so that may be it but even as I am beginning to type this I am thinking of things I CAN be thankful for.

Our 18 year old was injured with a corneal abrasion at work first thing this morning.  I went and picked him up and took him to the eye doctor and THANKFULLY he is okay and the eye will have no permanent damage.

I am irritable and short tempered with everyone today and yet I have close friends who lost a dear family member last night.  I am THANKFUL their adult son was just visiting last weekend from CA [where he lives] and had opportunity to visit his grandfather while he was here.

I am SO THANKFUL Gene's nausea is so much better, last week at this time he felt miserable but tonight he feels pretty good.

So I will stop here, go eat some steak and potatoes and maybe a salad and just be as vulnerable as I am for today and trust the Lord for tomorrow.  We have a plan to give some little children including one visiting the USA from Ukraine a horse back ride.  Crazy?  In this heat????  Maybe, but in Gene's book anything horse is something to be thankful for!

Thankful .....even on ...days like today.....'cause He tells me He has it under control when I am out of control.

No comments: