Thursday, October 13, 2011

31derful Days of Thanksgiving Day #13

You hear an awful lot of awful stuff about in-laws.  So many horrid jokes and teases.  It really is unpleasant to hear.  I would never have had my sweetheart if he had not had his parents!

I am thankful for Lloyd and Lura .  [And yes it is L-U- R-A not Laura!]

They are now both in their eighties and they have many health issues that they work through constantly but they plug away at it.  They have been married for 62 years if I am counting correctly.

They have not been to college or ever had a book written and published about them....BUT they have worked hard, raised 4 children and too many dogs for me to count.  They have either rebuilt or worked around the mess of rebuilding parts of their home to create a masterpiece.

They have loved their families and honored their commitments.

I am thankful for them ...every ....day.

No comments: