Sunday, October 16, 2011

31derful Days of Thanksgiving Day #15

I have taken a step back as I learned that a dear friend to both Gene and myself for so many years has left Earth and entered his reward in Heaven.  Ken battled many earthy physical woes here but continued ALWAYS to speak of the glories of heaven!

When Gene was sick and in the days after, when it was too difficult for Ken to get in the car or to walk into our home Ken and his wife Shirley got in the car anyway and came to our house bringing material gifts....... but far greater .............they brought love.

There is nothing so precious as sacrificial love, love that costs us something.  Shirley and Ken brought it to us, Jesus gave it to you and to me.  I hope I can give it to Shirley in these next weeks.

Abby came today and loved me.  Oh I am so thankful for her friendship.  We laughed, we cried, we ate, we did chores, she helped me make decisions that seem beyond my abilities.  This is what love is.

I am....thankful....every ....day

Do you weary of that sign off?  I have tried to think of a better way to say it but I cannot.  Because TRUE is TRUE.  I feel a lot of things but every time I start to spin out of control in my mind or I become fretful or I feel anxious or I start to complain God whispers again in my heart ..."What are you thankful for"  It centers me, it settles me, it calms me it set's my feet back on my firm foundation, that of Jesus and my love of Him.

No comments: