Thursday, October 27, 2011

31derful Days of Thanksgiving .....Day # 26

Yesterday's post has become this morning's post.  But that is okay.

I think I am impressed with how simple things should be mentioned to God with thanksgiving.  They really are the substance of our lives.  The day to day little things.

How often do we wait for the biggies, the health restored instead of the quiet time with someone who is sick.

The big celebration and not the gentle hug in the midst of fixing dinner with little ones swirling amongst us.

The stunning gift and not the little cream pitcher bought with hard earned chore money that involved a mile walk to the second hand store and a mile walk home ...all to say I like tea parties with you Momma!

Simple things, lots of little praises end up being a thankful life.

I haven't practiced it enough.

My oldest started saying to me on the phone "I love you" just as he would hang up.  I never appreciated it enough!  But I am starting to use those words more and say them to other people.  I want, I need my children to know how much I love them.  I do not tell them often enough.  Do you?  I am back to tears.  Oh well.

Thankful ....Every ...Day  for the little things.

No comments: