Tuesday, November 8, 2011

significant songs


Mighty Warrior, dressed for battle
Holy Lord of all is He
Commander in chief, bring us to attention
Lead us into battle to crush the enemy

Satan has no authority in this place
he has no authority here
For this habitation
Was fashioned for the Lord's presence
No authority here
Mighty Warrior, dressed for battle
Holy Lord of all is He


Commander in chief, bring us to attention
Lead us into battle to crush the enemy
Jesus has all authority here in this place
he has all authority here
For this habitation
Was fashioned for the Lord's presence
All authority here
Mighty Warrior, dressed for battle
Holy Lord of all is He
Commander in chief, bring us to attention
Lead us into battle to crush the enemy


here is is being sung :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXiNRAuO3UM

the last picture I can just see Gene fast on pace following the Lord!

Years ago [maybe15-18 years]  God gave me a vision related to this song.  One I was to act out and I have NEVER  again sung without "seeing" that message in this song. As the chorus declares who has authority here and the habitation that was formed for what purpose.......God said "you are the habitation" and the place Jesus has all authority and in which satan has no authority is my mind.  I placed my hand on my head and then my heart as I committed myself to that understanding.  We are each responsible for who has authority in our lives.  We are mighty warriors and we are dressed for battle and we call out the Lord's name but in whose authority do I function!  Discouragement....despair.....fretfulness....anxiety......These are real feelings but they do not have authority in my habitation because they are from the father of all lies.  My habitation, my heart, but more importantly my mind chooses the authority I will follow.

Today I caught just a piece of a song but the words have been slamming around in my mind all day.  "We embrace surrender".  Oooooo, not to fight surrender but to embrace it to release ourselves so completely that there is no more fight within us and we let God take this battle....MIGHTY WARRIOR!  I don't have to be strong or show off how well I can manage without Gene....I embrace surrender.  I collapse into His arms and let Him fight the enemy.  My job is to remember who has authority and follow my instructions.  It just isn't my job right now to figure out the battle strategy or the troop placement or the supply depot or the army corps of engineers who will rebuild the beaches.  I am not even assigned to KP or latrine duty.  I embrace surrender!

Last great song for today is called ....I do not know! and I can't find it but it starts nearly every line with "No More......."  no pain , no suffering, no needle tracts, no babies dying before they are born.  It is the promises of heaven in a very neat song!  I would love it if you would tell me the name of the song.

Everyday there are things to be Thankful for...what did you find today?  I am loving reading all the lists being made by so many friends as we progress though November!

No comments: