Monday, December 31, 2012

the old is out the new comes in

So the first full calendar year as a widow is completed.  I am so glad to have survived it.  I am as determined as ever to be real about this grief and just a determined to choose to find things to be thankful for every day.

I really look forward to reading friends blogs ...... I can't imagine anyone says that about this blog, it is so occupied with grief if not on the surface than just under the surface.  But I think there are things to learn in each blog so I am going to try to shorten my expositions and just say little things each day.  It won't take you long to read and perhaps you will take time to pray for me.

I commit myself to pray for you.

I am trying new things in this coming year [now just 3 hours and 52 minutes away]:

- an insulin pump to get better control of my diabetes
- a crochet class to begin learning the basics so I can make my biblical themed afghan
- a line upon line biblical study of the book of Luke
- a study of the foundations of Messianic Judaism
- teaching a class weekly on deportment
- holding a couple of classes for homeschooling families
-------------- Biblical Roots Day in late February
-------------- Flag Day on June 14th
- looking for employment
- blogging  [daily I hope]

I think that will be enough for right now.

Thankful EVERY Day  d.e.l.i.b.e.r.a.t.e.l.y.








1 comment:

Robin's Developments said...

Hey you- I know I'm a little late reading this posting, but I always LOVE reading your blog posts. Even with the grief. And I pray for your frequently and so happy to see God at work in life. I pray His richest blessings as you continue the walk that He started in your life so many years ago. I often think of how much He has used you in my life and praise Him that He is still using you. Faith is much easier when things are "easy" and so much "truer" when things are hard. We walk by faith not by sight. I love you, my friend, and truly thank Him that you keep going ahead with thanksgiving even in the hard things. Blessings in Him!